From lightweight strollers to luxurious double prams with leather detailing, prams for jogging and prams for travelling – if you are a soon to be parent looking to buy a pram, it’s natural that you may be feeling a little overwhelmed. There are thousands of models available in the market, all at different price points and each with a wide range of features and benefits; how can you possibly tell which one will be right for your family? Baby Jogger has been a world-leader in the design of high quality prams for over 30 years, so we understand what it takes to make an exceptional pram. We also know that every family has different needs, so here we will look at a few things you should take into consideration when searching for a pram, hopefully it can help you select the right one for you.
Think About Your Lifestyle
Many people listen to recommendations from friends and family members who have had already had children, but it’s important to think about your lifestyle to find a pram that will fit in best. Think about how you’ll use your pram the most – days at the park, strolling city streets, trips to the shops. You should ask yourself a few questions, such as:
- Can I walk to the shops? You may need pram with a large storage basket to fit your groceries as well as nappies, wipes, toys and all the other accessories you need for a walk.
- Do I drive to most places? If you do, then you’ll be putting the pram in and out of the car a lot so you will need to look for a lightweight, compact pram over one that is heavy and bulky.
- Do I use public transport? While it’s usually easy for prams to get on and off trains, buses and trams will usually need a pram to be lifted on and off, so again, a compact and lightweight version will be a better option.
- Do I jog or run with my pram? If you are going to use your pram for fitness as well as fun, look for one that is designed for jogging – these have better suspension, all-terrain tyres and other features to keep bubs comfy whilst you sweat it out.
- Do I intend to travel on a plane regularly? Having a compact stroller or pram that you can take right up to the gate and even store in overhead lockers will make travelling with bubs so much easier.
Do You Want a Pram That Grows with Your Family?
While it’s impossible to predict what the future holds and how your family may grow, most parents have an idea about how many children they intend to have. If you are planning two, three or even more kids spaced every couple of years, you’ll likely be pushing a pram for many years. In this case, you will need to make sure the pram you choose will stand the test of time and adapt to fit more babies as they come along.
If you are planning children close together - a double pram that can have a bassinet and a toddler seat at the same time is a good option. The best double pram will allow you to have both kids safe and comfortable so they can nap at the same time. If you think you may have three children close together, a double stroller that allows for a footboard attachment for the oldest child to ride behind is a perfect choice.
If you are expecting twins - A double pram that allows for two basinets and then two toddler seats that lie flat is essential. The best twin pram will be spacious enough for both infants to be comfortable yet still allow you to navigate shop and streets with ease.
To ensure your pram will last, it’s important to ask about spare parts. Every year new pram models are released so it’s important that you can get a replacement wheel or new tyre if you need one years after your initial purchase. Well-known brands are more likely to carry replacement parts which will save you having to buy a whole new pram if anything goes wrong.
Available Accessories That Make your Life Easier
Let’s face it, anything that we can add on to a pram to add a little convenience to parent-life is a win. There’s no point having a head-turning pram if it lacks practicality, so when you are choosing a pram see if the below accessories are easily available:
- Cup holder – for the all-important coffee on your daily stroll.
- Rain cover - a little wet weather shouldn’t stop you getting out and about with your little one.
- Insect cover - stop those annoying mosquitoes from ruining your outing.
- Extra storage - most prams come with a storage basket as standard, but often a larger basket or a parent console to keep your phone and wallet conveniently close makes life so much easier.
- Car sear adapters – the easiest way to turn your pram into a complete travel system.
- Foot muffs – to keep your little one warm and cosy on winter walks.
For the Best Range of Single, Travel and Twin Prams, Australia Can Rely on Baby Jogger
From double prams that can conquer curbs to compact travel models that fold seamlessly with one hand, Baby Jogger prams are designed with an emphasis on functionality so active families can get out and about and explore with confidence. Shop our range today, or for expert guidance on selecting the perfect pram, get in touch with us online.